Courtesy of Brian Reilly
Loon Census Form
The 2020 Loon Census Instructions (Date to be determined)
- Record only the FIRST sighting of each loon or group, then be sure to total the number of loons observed on the appropriate line. Note the direction in which the loons move or fly.
- If possible, please attach a sketch/map of census area and the location of any loons you observe.
- Please comment on loon activity observed at other times during the summer using the box towards the bottom of the form.
- It is CRITICAL that observations continue for the ENTIRE HOUR.
- Remember, a report of zero is just as biologically important as a report of 10 loons
The online census form will be active after 8 am on the Census day
To contribute observations at other times during the loon season, please see our Field Volunteer page here.
News & Events
What We Do
183 Lees Mill Rd
Moultonborough, NH 03254