Courtesy of Brian Reilly
Loon Census Form
The deadline for submitting 2020 loon census observations has passed. Thank you to those who participated! The 2021 loon census is on July 17. Click here for details.
Loon Census Instructions
- Only count the number of individual loons you see simultaneously. For instance, if you see three adult loons together, your count would be three. If you see a single adult loon on three separate occasions during the census, your count would be one unless you are sure they are different individuals. In the ‘Loon Observations’ box, be sure to note the direction in which the loons move or fly.
- If possible, please attach a sketch/map of census area and the location of any loons you observe.
- Please comment on loon activity observed at other times during the summer using the box towards the bottom of the form.
- It is CRITICAL that observations continue for the ENTIRE HOUR.
- Remember, a report of zero is just as biologically important as a report of 10 loons.
What We Do
183 Lees Mill Rd
Moultonborough, NH 03254