- Loon Safe
- How to be Loon Safe
- Loons and Lead
- About Loon Safe
- Buyback and Disposal Locations
- Where to Buy Lead-Free Tackle
Lead Tackle Buyback Terms
Loon Preservation Committee Lead Tackle Buyback Terms
These Lead Tackle Buyback Terms (“Terms”) are an agreement between you and the Loon Preservation Committee (“LPC”). Read these Terms carefully before participating in the Lead Tackle Buyback Program (“Program”). By participating in the Program, you accept and are bound by these terms.
- Overview: Subject to these terms, you may trade in one ounce or more of certain lead (Pb) fishing tackle (“Trade-in Tackle”) and receive a ten-dollar ($10) Voucher to use toward the purchase of merchandise from retailers participating in the Program. From time to time, promotional days at certain locations may allow for an increased trade-in value. All other terms herein remain in effect for those promotions. You must also meet all of the requirements as provided in these Terms.
- Trade-in Deadline: The Program begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on January 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2023 or whenever two thousand (2,000) Lead Tackle Turn-In Vouchers (“Vouchers”) have been claimed, whichever is earlier (the “Program Period”).
- Trade-in Locations: You may only receive a Voucher by returning your Trade-in Tackle to a retailer participating in the Program. A list of participating retailers is available at https://loon.org/loonsafe/.
- Tackle Eligibility: Only banned tackle is eligible as Trade-in Tackle. Banned tackle means a lead fishing sinker or jig (weighted hook) that weighs one ounce or less, regardless of whether it is painted, coated, covered by some other substance or by attached skirts. The sale and freshwater use of the aforementioned tackle is banned by New Hampshire Law. See NH RSA 339:77 and NH RSA 211:13-b.
- Minimum Trade-In: You must trade in at least one ounce or more of eligible tackle to receive a Voucher (e.g. two half-ounce jigs or sinkers, or a single one-ounce jig or sinker).
- Trade-in Limit: Each person participating in the program may receive only one voucher per calendar year.
- Miscellaneous Additional Terms:
- The Lead Tackle Buyback Program is administered by LPC.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to participate in the Program.
- If any provision (or part of any provision) of these Terms is found to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
- LPC reserves the right to substitute, change, cancel or add to any part of these Terms at any time, including terminating the Program or modifying these Terms.
- We reserve the right to decline or cancel your participation in the Program, with or without advance notice, if we believe that your participation is enabling a fraudulent or illegal purpose.
- Vouchers have no cash value and are redeemable only for merchandise at participating shops.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: You expressly agree that your participation in, or inability to participate in, the Program is at your sole risk. The Program and all products delivered to you through the Program are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available, without any representation, warranties, or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement. In no case shall LPC, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers, or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your participation in the program or any products procured through the Program, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of any service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of participation in the Program or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available as part of the Program, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of New Hampshire. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms, your rights, and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New Hampshire, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New Hampshire or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New Hampshire.
Loon Preservation Committee
PO Box 604
Lee’s Mills Rd
Moultonborough, NH 03254