Loon Preservation Committee field volunteers may help with a number of tasks, including:
- Reporting loon sightings and information about loon nests to LPC biologists
- Assisting LPC biologists with field surveys
- Conducting the annual Loon Census
- Reporting injured or dead loons and unhatched eggs to LPC staff
- Building and floating nesting rafts and signs
- Posting educational signs at boat launches or other public areas
- Working to educate lake users and prevent conflicts between loons and people.
If you live on or visit a lake in New Hampshire and would like to become a field volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call LPC at 603-476-5666.
The Loon Center is LPC’s headquarters and visitor center. Loon Center volunteers may do any of the following:
- Greet visitors
- Conduct sales
- Maintain the overall appearance of gift shop and meeting room
- Assist in organizing and maintaining storage areas
- Re-stock merchandise in gift shop
- Answer basic questions about LPC, loons and the surrounding Lakes Region.
Volunteers may also assist with events including our annual Loon Festival and Holiday Open House or with bulk mailings.
If you are interested in volunteering at The Loon Center, please call LPC at 603-476-5666 or email us at email@example.com.
Without our volunteers, LPC could never have demonstrated that coordinated and thoughtful human intervention can reverse the decline of a threatened species such as the loon. We attempt to thank our volunteers by informing them of the results and values of their efforts. However, perhaps the greatest reward we can offer them for their involvement with loons and the Loon Preservation Committee is an appreciation of loons and other wildlife.