In addition to the chance to win one of these prizes, all LPC members receive:
- Our comprehensive LPC Newsletter two times per year (Summer and Fall)
- LPC’S E-Newsletter, sent to your inbox monthly
- Invitations to LPC’s special events throughout the year
- A membership decal
- A 10% discount on all merchandise from The Loon’s Feather Gift Shop
- Most importantly, you receive the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to preserve the haunting call of the loon on New Hampshire’s lakes and ponds.
Why Support the Loon Preservation Committee?
How will my membership dollars be used?
When you become a member of the Loon Preservation Committee, your membership dollars go directly toward funding our work, allowing us to:
- Monitor the number and breeding success of loons to record trends in loon populations and assess the effectiveness of our management efforts
- Build and float nesting rafts and protect nest sites with signs and rope lines
- Band loons to study their life history and take samples to monitor the health of loons and lakes
- Rescue loons in distress and work with wildlife rehabilitators to return them to the wild
- Recover dead loons and inviable loon eggs to determine contaminant levels and causes of death
- Educate the public about loons through presentations, exhibits, signs, fact sheets, and our website
- Publish findings of our research in the LPC Newsletter and scientific journals
- Create a large grassroots network of members and volunteers who build awareness and appreciation for loons and other wildlife in New Hampshire
- Conduct initiatives to protect loons from the biggest threat that they face in New Hampshire, lead poisoning
- Provide a Live Loon Cam to help educate viewers about loons and the nesting process