Join us for paddles on Pemigewasset Lake in Meredith/New Hampton to visit with and learn about New Hampshire’s breeding loons. In a small group setting, we will observe and interpret loon behaviors and vocalizations, learn the fascinating history of the loons on each lake, and discuss the conservation concerns that have affected them and the management work being done to help succeed.
We will be paddling at a leisurely pace, and the trip will be suitable for adults and families paddling canoes, recreational, touring, or sea kayaks. Expect to paddle just over 3 miles. In order to maintain the small group setting, the number of participants will be limited to 10, and registration is required.
This trip is being provided in conjunction with the Appalachian Mountain Club Paddlers, and as such, registration is required through their website. Instructions on where to meet will be provided after registration is completed. To register, first create an account with the Appalachian Mountain Club by clicking here.Next, register for the trip here. If you run into any problems registering, email us at email@example.com for help!
What to bring:
• Canoe or kayak and paddles. Please plan on transporting your boat to the pond.
• PFD (life jacket) for each person. Participants are required to wear a PFD while on the water during this trip.
• Binoculars. We will be following best-practices for ethically observing wildlife, including maintaining a distance from the loons. Binoculars are recommended for the best viewing experience.
• Sunscreen, hat, and/or bug protection
• Water shoes
• Rain gear and/or windbreaker
• Snacks and drinking water